All prospective tenants are required to pass the application process in order to be considered for residency at a BRIM Properties managed location. The five criteria that must be passed are-
- Credit Check All tenants must pass the credit approval process. Any Judgments, Collections, or Liens of any kind will result in an automatic rejection of the application.
- Nation Wide Background Check All applications will be processed and searched on the nationwide background check. Any past or pending felonies will result in an automatic rejection of the application.
- Employment Verification BRIM Properties reserves the right to verify all forms of employment listed on the application. We require that household income exceed at a minimum three times the listed rent amount in order to be considered.
- Past Landlord Reference Any negative feedback given by past landlords will result in an automatic rejection of the application. Past landlords will be asked the following questions- A- Did tenant pay on time? B- Was tenant ever served with a 3 day notice of any kind? If so what for? C- Is the tenant currently in good standing and have they given proper notice to vacate? D- Is tenants lease being terminated by management for any reason? E- Would you rent to this tenant again?
- Excessive Obligation- tenants must have an income that equals 3X rent expense. If there are excessive monthly credit obligations such as credit card payments, car payments, student loans, etc... that must be met, those items will be weighted against the income requirements.